Be a Supporter!

SentioNG

Snaily Gump Snaily Gump

Rated 4 / 5 stars October 25, 2010

I like it!

There are some obvious deficiencies here, mostly in your drawing and animating skill, but the story and music more than makes up for that. In particular the music was fantastically chosen, and really added to the overall entertainment value of the animation. Story wise it was solid, with plenty of jokes (though the final one was a bit cheap and left the animation feeling a bit flat), while I was impressed with the voice acting.

My only real criticism was that the lip-synching was a touch out with the voice acting, and that you can always improve your animations (maybe put more effort into the backgrounds, rather than having them largely stationary).

Still, one of the best animations that I have seen today, so a really good effort.

hankypoo responds:

Hi Sentio, after reading your review i can say that i must agree with you on those deficiencies!! thanks man!! Ahh yes the lip sync, quite difficult but i really want to master it. thanks for the criticism. I agree totally!! I know i will become better. Thanks alot for the review!! I will improve on these things!

lonely robot lonely robot

Rated 1.5 / 5 stars October 25, 2010

Not great...

There are a few positives here- you clearly know how to include sounds and music, including voice acting, and there is a bit of animation skill included, as well as some solid artwork, but there are some definite issues too:

Firstly, if you can use voice acting, why only have them say 'blah' over and over again? It makes the viewer feel like what is being said is unimportant, and had you actually spoken the true dialogue you wouldn't need the text boxes, which weren't on screen long enough to read.

As such I found I had no clue what was going on in the story, and therefore lost interest halfway through. It turns out the story had no real structure to it anyway, and could do with a lot of work- even a poorly animated piece can get a high score if the story is interesting.

Still, keep practising and put every effort into all aspects of your animations- you could produce something decent!

Edward meets Blade Edward meets Blade

Rated 2 / 5 stars October 25, 2010

Sound!!!!!!!

Firstly, there is some decent artwork here, and I particularly like your character designs (well done for avoiding the dreaded stick figure). But there are some issues as well which you need to work on:

Sound! This would be an ok animation with just a piece of suitable music playing over the top, but even better would be some sound effects and some voice acting! As it is it is really quite dull with no sound whatsoever, and there is nothing to detract from the poor animating skill.

Animation is limited, and clunky in a lot of scenes.

The text based speaking is frankly dreadful. Most of the time it is flashed up too quickly to read, and even if it isn't the spelling and punctuation is bad enough that it is difficult to understand anyway. Voice acting would have solved both of these problems immediately, so I suggest this in future.

The overall pacing is just a touch too quick- while this helps prevent it get boring, it is simply too fast to understand what is going on. Jut bring the pace down a little bit!

Keep practising- there is some potential here, but you need to produce a more well rounded animation in future, rather than just certain aspects of it.

Spectromancer: Gathering Spectromancer: Gathering

Rated 4 / 5 stars August 18, 2013

A good game, but a bit buggy in places. The main two that I have spotted:

1) Cards moving off the top of the screen as they continue to attack (which as a pain if you can't see the creatures stats)

2) In the league mode you are always given a defeat in the final match, even if you win comfortably. I've played through the league twice now, and the first time I was ahead far enough that the incorrect loss didn't effect my position, but the second time it cost me top spot.

Otherwise it plays well, even if it is very difficult in places. Some of the campaign matches I can't get anywhere close to beating.

Plane Loopy Plane Loopy

Rated 3 / 5 stars July 7, 2013

The gameplay is decent, and I like that you can loop around to collect all of the coins etc., but the upgrade system needs looking at.

It takes an eternity to buy upgrades, and then the majority of them don't really alter the gameplay in any significant way. If you want people to work for the upgrades, then the game needs to keep evolving when you buy something new.

The new planes are pretty, but the only difference is that they go higher. This is mostly worthless.

The other upgrades are barely upgrades at all- the speed up at the start gets me killed as often as it helps, and means I miss a lot of easy coins, while the coin magnet is largely worthless and actually doesn't work very well. More expensive upgrades take hours and hours of grinding to get.

So I enjoyed it for a short time, but I'm now bored and have no desire to get most of the achievements through hours of grinding. Alter the upgrades so that they are genuinely beneficial (allow players to use them all at once for a start!), and make it easier to get lots of coins/make upgrades cheaper.

9 Ball Pool Challenge 9 Ball Pool Challenge

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars October 6, 2012

Pretty average. The physics, which games like this live and die on, are mostly ok, though some angles are a little odd, and I did have a ball bounce 'through' a cushion before returning to the table. What lets this down is the lack of traditional rules- combination shots are penalised rather than rewarded, there is no penalty for hitting the wrong ball, or indeed no ball at all, and sinking the 9 ball does not end the frame.

There are much much better pool games around, but as a start this is passable.

eichwulf responds:

Thaks, will fix these for the next version!

Everlong Circles II Everlong Circles II

Rated 5 / 5 stars March 6, 2012

Beautiful. There are other's still producing work for the competition, but this is going to take some beating. I love how both songs are incorporated, and the sound and feel of it are absolutely perfect for the occassion. It's the first piece I've heard that I can really imagine on the big day, and my fiancee was almost in tears listening to it.

We'll see what else is produced in the next week, but I now know that the Newgrounds community has not let me down, and there is at least one track that I can use for the big day. Thank you so much for taking the time to make this.

I'd love to think that as more of the older NG members move on in their lives that I will not be the only one using the audio talent of this website for this purpose.

skyood responds:

I'm glad it works for you guys ... been married for over 8 years now (OMG I'm OLD!!), and am just excited at the idea of being able to contribute to your big day.